Lectures by the 2019 Crafoord Laureate in Biosciences and invited speakers.
Watch more video from the symposium at our YouTube channel
The symposium is organized in conjunction with the award of the Crafoord Prize in Biosciences. The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences has decided to award the 2019 Crafoord Prize in Biosciences to Sallie W. Chisholm, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA, “for the discovery and pioneering studies of the most abundant photosynthesising organism on Earth, Prochlorococcus”.
In addition to the laureate, six internationally leading scientists have been invited to contribute to the symposium.
- Sallie W. Chisholm, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, MA, USA
- Corina P.D. Brussaard, NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research and University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Rachel Foster, Stockholm University, Sweden
- David M. Karl, University of Hawaii at Manoa, HI, USA
- Francis M. Martin, INRA French National Institute for Agriculture Research, France
- Ramunas Stepanauskas, Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences, ME, USA
- Alexandra Z. Worden, GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Ocean Research Kiel, Germany
The Crafoord Prize is awarded in partnership between the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences and the Crafoord Foundation in Lund. The Academy is responsible for selecting the Crafoord Laureates.
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences occasionally record and photograph during its events. Photographs and video footage will be processed by the Academy and submitted to third parties for processing. Photographs and videos may also be used in our communication activities to provide information about the Academy’s activities in any of the digital and/or printed channels used by the Academy. If you do not consent to this or have other questions about our processing of personal data, please call us on +46 8 673 95 00, or email email@example.com
Read more about how the Academy processes your personal data