The G.S. Magnuson Foundation (Stiftelsen G.S. Magnusons fond) awards stipends and grants in the field of Mathematics for the following purposes:
- funding for doctoral students.
- funding for people who wish to obtain further qualifications after a doctorate.
- funding for Swedish researchers for research at home or abroad and for invitations to foreign visiting researchers.
- contributions to retaining researchers in Sweden.
- funding to people who use mathematics in their activities and who wish to contribute to scholarly advancement in the subject.
Per diem cost is usually not granted. OH (Overhead/Administration costs) will not be accepted.
Scholarships are not granted for purposes that have been completed by the time the decision is made.
Doctoral students must attach a signed approval from their supervisor. Researchers with a PhD must attach a signed approval from the head of department, verifying that the applicant belongs to the department, or will be if the application is granted. The applicant may also attach additional documents, such as letters of recommendations, invitations to another institution or other documents that may strengthen the application. Upload all documents in PDF format.
Available funding 2023: SEK 4,900,000.
Closing date for applications: 30 November 2023
A link to the web-based application system is provided below. When the application period opens, create an account, provide personal and application information, and upload the necessary documents as digital copies.
The announcement is called Stiftelsen G S Magnusons fond 2023 in the application system.
Supplementary material submitted separately, incomplete applications and/or emailed applications will not be taken in consideration. Application documents will not be returned.
All applicants will be notified by email if their application has been approved or rejected approximately three months after the application deadline. The information will also be available on the applicant’s web account.