The foundation annually awards funding for basic research that:
- generates scientifically-based knowledge of individual development.
- is based upon individual’s function and development in a lifelong perspective, as an integrated psychological, biological and social being in a changing world.
- considers how knowledge about individual development from this perspective is decisive in designing an education system that promotes society’s cultural, social, economic and technological progress, just as it respects each individual’s needs and circumstances.
- awarded as a whole and regardless of the recipient’s nationality.
- preferably granted for research linked to a Swedish scientific institution.
- granted to basic scientific research in accordance with the above and may include salary costs, scientific equipment, costs for conferences, symposia, invitations to foreign visiting researchers, study trips and publication costs.
Available funding 2022: SEK 1,500,000
The application process has two stages:
Application period: xx Mmmmm–15 November 2021
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences’ application system is used for the first stage (link avialable below during the application period). Upload a project description of no more than two pages, in PDF format. A budget of SEK 1,500,000 must be included, with a brief description of the funding’s intended use.
OH (Overhead/Administration cost) will not be accepted. We only accept direct costs, that is, costs directly related to the project. The application may be written in Swedish or English.
Supplementary material submitted separately, incomplete applications and/or emailed applications will not be considered. Application documents will not be returned.
Applicants will be notified of whether they have been selected for stage two in January 2022.
Three applicants are selected for stage two. They will receive a letter inviting them to submit a complete application and budget.
The final decision will be taken in June 2022 and funding will be awarded in September 2022.