"to promote the sciences and strengthen their influence in society"
Welcome to the Academy's press room. Here, we publish the latest information for media about current and coming press activities.
Time to register for the announcements of this year's Nobel Prizes
Time and date are set for the announcements of the Nobel Prizes in Physics and Chemistry as well as Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel. Registration forms are now available at the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences web site.
Note that registration and press ID is required to attend to the announcement. Be sure to register at kva.se.
Schedule for the announcements
- Nobel Prize in Physics – Tuesday October 6, at the earliest 11.45 AM CET, Session Hall Royal, Swedish Academy of Sciences, Lilla Frescativägen 4A.
- Nobel Prize in Chemistry – Wednesday October 7, at the earliest 11.45 AM CET, Session Hall, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Lilla Frescativägen 4A.
- Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Ekonomic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel – Monday October 12, at the earliest 01.00 PM CET, Session Hall, Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, Lilla Frescativägen 4A.
The moment the Secretary General begins his announcement at the press conference, the following information material will become available at http://kva.se and at http://nobelprize.org:
• Open webcast from the press Conference
• Press releases in English and Swedish
• An illustrated popular scientific presentation in English and Swedish
• Scientific background in English
• Illustrations, web links and further reading
At the venue several experts will be available for interviews in Swedish or English. Please be sure to write this in your registration.